Pitch to TITCH - seeking innovative solutions for paediatric unmet needs
Are you an innovator with a solution to an unmet paediatric need? Then look no further!
Following the success of our recent Pitch to TITCH event, delivered in partnership with Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT) and Greater Manchester Academic Health Science Network, we are delighted to announce a new fund of £50,000 for early stage paediatric projects.
A number of awards will fund individual projects that explore and develop innovations that aim to improve care for children.
Successful projects will validate the clinical need and provide details about the solution, including: how it is an improvement over any other solutions; how many patients it would affect; the current stage of development; and how the solution would be implemented.
Funding could be used for things like development of prototypes, completion of market assessments, running small scale trials and development of business plans.
Solutions to any clinical need will be considered by Pitch to TITCH. Examples of clinical needs identified and discussed at the TITCH workshops at CMFT in March, and Sheffield prior to this, are as follows:
- Enabling improved medical interventions through technology
- Improving technology to aid with diagnostics
- Enabling better child friendly education around health awareness
- Improving technology to help with self-management of a condition
- Holistic assessments of a child’s needs
- Interfaces between clinicians, carers and patients
- Cloud-based systems for Mental health
- Primary care diagnosis for osteoporosis
- Prone positioning devices
- Implantable incontinence devices.
To Pitch your solution to TITCH, please visit https://gmahsn-colab.fluidreview.com. You will need to register an account and once in the system ‘Create New Submission’ and select ‘Pitch to TITCH’ from the category.
The closing date for proposals is 9th May 2016 at 9am.