The challenges we face
Companies, especially SMEs, can face significant challenges to introduce their new and innovative products into the NHS. The complexity of public procurement, patient safety and a risk averse culture across multiple organisations can be daunting. The Innovation Nexus aims to provide a single source of resource that can help companies, particularly SMEs, understand the steps that need to be taken to support their business planning and engage with the NHS more easily, thus progressing the adoption of their innovation at pace and with fewer unanticipated obstacles.
How can the Innovation Nexus help me?
Speak directly to a GM AHSN advisor with NHS expertise
Help with navigating NHS procurement
Information about funding and investment
Help with setting up a trial of your innovation
Information on science parks and office locations
Connect you with relevant organisations
How to develop evidence and commissioning for your medical device
- A Medical or Health Technology Small to Medium Enterprise?
- Wanting your devices to be trialled or evaluated?
- Unsure on how to get your products procured by the NHS?
If so, the North West Surgical Trials Centre, in collaboration with both the Greater Manchester and North West Coast Academic Health Science Networks is holding a must attend event on Friday 23 June, at The Centre at Birchwood Park.
This KEY EVENT will feature informative talks from:
- NWSTC - Evidence needs and how we can assist with gathering it
- AHSNs - NHS device procurement and accelerated access to it
- NICE - How to develop evidence for your product
- NOCRI - their STEP collaboration with RCSEng and the value it gives
- INNOVATE UK - Funding and opportunities available to you
- Surgeons and companies - exemplars of successful collaborations
Plus sessions to discuss trial ideas, the mechanics of setting up studies and networking opportunities.
This is a FREE EVENT, but booking is essential. Parking, lunch and refreshments are included with our compliments. Venue is in Warrington and is conveniently located for motorway and rail networks.
To book a place, email email@example.com