The challenges we face
Companies, especially SMEs, can face significant challenges to introduce their new and innovative products into the NHS. The complexity of public procurement, patient safety and a risk averse culture across multiple organisations can be daunting. The Innovation Nexus aims to provide a single source of resource that can help companies, particularly SMEs, understand the steps that need to be taken to support their business planning and engage with the NHS more easily, thus progressing the adoption of their innovation at pace and with fewer unanticipated obstacles.
How can the Innovation Nexus help me?
Speak directly to a GM AHSN advisor with NHS expertise
Help with navigating NHS procurement
Information about funding and investment
Help with setting up a trial of your innovation
Information on science parks and office locations
Connect you with relevant organisations
Nightingale - H2020
Can you help improve patient monitoring to save lives?
- Nightingale is a €5m EU funded Pre-Commercial Procurement (PCP) project for innovators in patient monitoring, data analytics, communication, design and related areas.
- It is an opportunity for large and small companies to define and design the next generation of acute care monitoring systems in Europe, for both hospital and home settings.
- You can work with global leaders in the field to develop, test, and validate solutions in five major European hospitals (in Stockholm, Leuven, Utrecht, London and Aachen).
- The goal is to develop monitoring systems that are:
- wireless and unobtrusive
- intelligent, with low false alarm rates
- allow interaction by patients