The challenges we face
Companies, especially SMEs, can face significant challenges to introduce their new and innovative products into the NHS. The complexity of public procurement, patient safety and a risk averse culture across multiple organisations can be daunting. The Innovation Nexus aims to provide a single source of resource that can help companies, particularly SMEs, understand the steps that need to be taken to support their business planning and engage with the NHS more easily, thus progressing the adoption of their innovation at pace and with fewer unanticipated obstacles.
How can the Innovation Nexus help me?
Speak directly to a GM AHSN advisor with NHS expertise
Help with navigating NHS procurement
Information about funding and investment
Help with setting up a trial of your innovation
Information on science parks and office locations
Connect you with relevant organisations
The North of England Life Sciences Accelerator
The North of England Life Sciences Accelerator (NELSA) is looking for early stage businesses & those with a business idea in the life science and healthcare sector.
An integrated programme of support, NELSA is a unique collaboration between the BioCity Group, BioHub at Alderley Park, Manchester Science Partnerships, The N8 Research Partnership, the Northern Health Science Alliance, Alderley Park Ventures and Catapult Ventures.
Successful applicants will be invited to join NELSA and benefit from:
- A place on the BioCity Accelerator programme
- Seed funding via Catapult Ventures & Alderley Park Ventures
- 1:1 coaching
- Mentorship via the UK wide Expert Network
- Access to clinicians / clinical validation via the NHSA
- Advice & introductions to investors to secure further funding
- Free virtual tenancy at BioHub at Alderley Park
- Access to shared facilities & analytical laboratory at Alderley Park
For more information please click here.